SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 7 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Topic Options
#142065 - 03/13/07 08:21 AM Re: My Review of the "Music Pad Pro"
Esh Offline

Loc: Hilton Head, SC, USA
Yes Frank. There are several threads with my issues but the main one is here and the most recent is here . You should know that in several cases I asked my questions via PM first and then posted them in the public forums when the tech support people at Freehand didn't respond. Far more of my questions have been ignored than answered, and none of the issues I have raised have been fixed to date. I wish you luck with getting answers Frank but my gut feeling is you won't like what you hear.

Stephen: if my questions only pertained to MP3 playback I would agree with you but I've raised several issues that had nothing to do with MP3 playback. For example, if you put a text box too high on the score when editing in the MPP Manager it will crash everytime in v4.0.6 - Freehand told me this was a bug they were aware of prior to the release of v4.0.6 and apologized, but they have not released a fix to this date which is about a year and a half since the v4.0.6 OS release. If you use a background color other than white (I use light blue to reduce eye strain) then all your "erases" are still in white - Freehand meant for erases to match the background... no fix to date. I use a lot of software and they all have regular OS upgrade releases but not Freehand. And as I told Frank many of my PM questions to Freehand have been ignored. Finally, Freehand continues to advertise the MP3 player function in the MPP's despite it's many unfixable flaws... not only is that false advertising but they charge an extra $50 for the MP3 player as part of their "Premium Tools" pack. Needless to say, my request for a refund of that $50 is one of the PM's that's been ignored.

Freehand sucks. I don't know how else to say it.

[This message has been edited by Esh (edited 03-13-2007).]

#142066 - 03/04/08 01:02 PM Re: My Review of the "Music Pad Pro"
Anonymous
Unregistered

How are they (Freehand) at support answering email. I am having difficulty contacting them about an issue.

#142067 - 03/04/08 01:14 PM Re: My Review of the "Music Pad Pro"
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Quote:
Originally posted by tf:
How are they (Freehand) at support answering email. I am having difficulty contacting them about an issue.

Call them via phone. When I first got the MPP I called them directly and had no problems getting someone to assist.

#142068 - 03/04/08 01:52 PM Re: My Review of the "Music Pad Pro"
Bernie9 Online   content

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
Sometimes I don't get an answer, but post on their forum and always get help right away from Ted
http://www.freehandsystems.com/phpBB2/index.php?sid=75e89e11bd588fe4987d8be608661f91

Bernie

#142069 - 04/09/08 10:33 AM Re: My Review of the "Music Pad Pro"
mbmleone Offline

There is an alternative for the Music Pad Pro called MusicReader which can run on a Tablet PC, laptop or desktop computer. This digital music stand software can be downloaded from this download page .

#142070 - 04/09/08 05:01 PM Re: My Review of the "Music Pad Pro"
Caragabal Offline

Loc: Hobart Tasmania Australia
What price are the units.

Cousin Ken

#142071 - 04/09/08 09:12 PM Re: My Review of the "Music Pad Pro"
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Quote:
Originally posted by mbmleone:
There is an alternative for the Music Pad Pro called MusicReader which can run on a Tablet PC, laptop or desktop computer. This digital music stand software can be downloaded from this download page .

Thanks for letting us know. I have added the link to http://www.synthzone.com/notation.htm

#142072 - 04/10/08 08:35 AM Re: My Review of the "Music Pad Pro"
UkTexan Offline

Loc: Chelmsford, Essex, UK
I have been evaluating the MusicReader software for about 10 days. There is a forum from the originators of this software and I asked if there will be a playlist facility and they have said this hopefully will be incorporated shortly. They are very open to ideas from the users and potential users of the software.
I ordered the suggested "Footime" pedal. This was ordered from Holland, paid for in dollars, and delivered from USA to UK in about 8 days. The software can be ordered as a download or posted. I haven't bought the software yet. I have the Musicpad Pro so I can compare the systems. I basically was just curious about how it compared with MPP and the usb footpedal can be used as a page turner with other pdf material. I use it on a normal laptop but it is suggested that it is used on a tablet pc. You have to Rotate the laptop so it is like a book, to read the music in letter style format (portrait). It is a fairly inexpensive way of replicating a MusicPad system and definitely worth downloading to evaluate if it would work for your needs. Hope this is helpful.
Cheers
Carol

#142073 - 05/27/08 02:11 AM Re: My Review of the "Music Pad Pro"
mbmleone Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Caragabal:
What price are the units.

Cousin Ken

The price depends on the hardware you choose, it can run on all types of PCs, but Tablet PCs are recommended for optimal usage. The software itself is $99,- for the Pro version. On the website you can find information about the hardware options and some pricing.

#142074 - 06/04/09 04:38 AM Re: My Review of the "Music Pad Pro"
mbmleone Offline

There is now a site that can help you with choosing hardware:
construct your own digital music stand

Page 7 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online